With its bold looks, innovative technology and superb comfort, the Lexus NX is one of the most eagerly anticipated new cars of 2014. We’ve put together 11 facts about the new Lexus NX you need to know.
1. Door handle mechanism: features a hidden key barrel and integrated lighting.
2. Rear Power Seat: segment-first rear 40:60 power-folding operated via controls accessible from the instrument panel, the luggage compartment and each side of the rear seat.
3. Shimamoku: wood polishing process to create a unique polished steel finish inspired by Yamaha’s top grade concert piano. The surface treatment prevents reflections from the stage lights which might distract the performer. Lexus introduced Shimamoku in the GS interior ornamentation and the LS steering wheel.
4. Wireless Charging Tray: located in the centre console it allows smartphones to be recharged by being simply placed on the charging tray, with no need for a cable.
5. 360-degree Panoramic View Monitor: allows to view the NX as if looking down at it from above and accurately check the surroundings before driving off.
6. Remote Touch Interface with Touch Pad: placed in the centre console it provides easy access to ancillary controls with minimum driver distraction.
7. Mark Levinson Premium Surround Sound System with Clari-Fi – a world-first in automotive sector. The system analyses and improves the audio quality of all types of compressed, digitalised music sources.
8. New generation linear-solenoid type Adaptive Variable Suspension: refined adjustment of suspension damping now with an increased number of adjustment levels from 9 to 30.
9. All-new Lexus 2.0l VVT-iW turbo engine and newly developed 6-speed automatic transmission
10. Advanced Pre-Crash Safety system combined with All-Speed Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) detects a possible collision between the NX and an obstacle in front. If the system assumes a collision is imminent, it activates Pre-Crash Brake to either avoid the collision or mitigate its impact by significant deceleration performance.
11. The new Lexus NX 300h costs from £29,495 when it goes on sale in October 2014.
Build your NX 300h here. If you would like to arrange a test drive, leave a comment below and we’ll be in touch shortly.
Register your interest in the new Lexus NX
Lexus NX hits the street [Video]
Lexus NX price and specification revealed
Engineering the NX: Chief engineer Takeaki Kato talks