The Lexus Navigation system can be updated periodically using downloadable updates, ensuring that you always have the latest road and route information in your Lexus, saving you time, money and minimising stress when journeying to a new destination.
Updating the maps is a simple process, and you’ve probably got the equipment to hand already – all you need is an internet-connected computer and a blank, formatted 4GB USB memory stick.
To find out how to purchase, download and apply the map update to your Lexus, simply watch the video below or read on for a step-by-step guide.
- Begin by taking your blank, formatted 4GB USB memory stick and inserting it into a USB socket on your computer.
- In a web browser, navigate to the Lexus customer portal and sign in. If you don’t already have an account, you can register at this point.
- Once signed-in, click on ‘e-Store’ > ‘Map & Software Updates’. Click on the price button to get more information on your update.
- Identify your car, agree to the terms and conditions, add to your shopping cart, and pay by credit card or via PayPal.
- Go to the ‘MyAccount’ page to view your purchased update. Click on ‘MyDashboard’ > ‘Downloads’ where you will see your purchase with three icons alongside.
- To enable the map update, click on the key icon. You will be given a 16-digit activation code, which you can write down or print out.
- The second icon gives you a set of instructions on how to download and apply the update to your Lexus.
- The third icon is a link to the actual download. Download the ZIP file, extract it on your computer and save the extracted file to the blank USB memory stick.
- Now take the USB stick and the 16-digit activation key to your Lexus. Plug the USB stick into the USB port of your Lexus and follow the instructions show on the navigation screen.
If you need any help along the way, don’t hesitate to call or pop into your local Lexus centre where a fully trained technician will be happy to help.